- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Start a New University-wide Organization
Interested in starting a University-wide organization?
Students interested in forming a new, University-wide student organization should contact Courtney J. Jones Carney. Campus Life Services is the only entity on campus that can bestow recognition status to a University-wide organization.
Things to consider before starting a University-wide student organization:
- The mission of the organization.
- Does the proposed organization meet a need that is currently unmet?
- Is there a similar organization already recognized and active on campus?
- Will the student organization remain active even after I leave the institution?
Recognized student organization benefits:
- Ability to request a storage locker in the SMC Campus Center.
- Access and training to add events to the UMB common calendar through The Elm.
- Access to digital display, flyer, and poster templates.
Do you need to register your existing or new student organization?
Annual organization registration is mandatory for all University-wide student organizations. Registering your existing or new student organization is simple. Visit UMBconnect and follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the ORGANIZATIONS tab.
Existing organizations: Find your student group in the list and “Register this Organization.”
New Groups: Click on the “Register a New Organization” button on the bottom, left-side column on this page.
- Follow the prompts and submit for approval!