- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
All University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) students are required to complete Title IX awareness training. Am I compliant? Check Here
- The online training course is available using the link provided below. The course presentation does not require a password, so it can be reviewed at any time.
- At the end of the course presentation, there is an Assessment. In order to record completion of this online training course, all new students and any returning students who did not complete training during the 2016-17 cycle must successfully complete the Assessment. When you reach the Assessment page, you must log in using your UMID and password in order to access the page.
- Failure to timely complete this training will result in a hold on student records or other appropriate discipline. Therefore, it is highly recommended that all UMB students access the system well in advance of the applicable Final Compliance Deadline to ensure that any issues or concerns will be resolved well ahead of the deadline.
- Compliance Period: The 2017-2018 compliance period is currently in effect.
- Final Compliance Deadlines for the 2017-2018 academic year (final date to timely complete the training):
- Fall Deadline (for new and continuing students enrolled in Fall 2017 classes): October 31, 2017
- Spring Deadline (for new students entering in Spring 2018 or Summer 2018): March 31, 2018
until the compliance deadline! DO NOT DELAY: This training is required in order to register for or attend classes at UMB. It is important that you complete the training by Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM in order to avoid falling into noncompliance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The training course includes information about the University's sexual misconduct policies and procedures, how to recognize and report sexual misconduct if you see or experience such behavior, and the effects of alcohol on the body.
This training is required of all UMB students in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Clery Act. This course is open and always available for review. The training requirement can be satisfied by successfully completing the assessment accessible from the last page of the course presentation. UMB students must sign in on the assessment page in order to record completion of the course. To confirm that this requirement has been satisfied, students can go HERE.
The course presentation is open and accessible from the website, and can be reviewed at any time by anyone visiting the site.
In order for UMB students to record completion of the training and be in compliance, you must take the Assessment, the link for which is on the last slide of course presentation. From there, UMB students are prompted to enter their UMID in order to take the Assessment, and record their successful completion of the training.
If the UMB student doesn’t pass the Assessment, they must review the course presentation in full before they can attempt the Assessment again.
After you successfully complete the Assessment, you will receive an email confirmation (with a Certificate of Completion) from TitleIXCompliance@umaryland.edu. Please check your spam box. Completion can also be confirmed by visiting https://cf.umaryland.edu/titleix/check_status.cfm.
If you have any questions, you can send an email to the Title IX Compliance Team at TitleIXCompliance@umaryland.edu. Be sure to include your name in the subject line of the email to ensure prompt response.
If you're a current student and you've missed the most recent deadline, you should review the presentation and take the assessment as soon as possible.
A hold will be placed on your student records pending satisfaction of this compliance requirement for the current academic year. The hold will be removed upon successful completion of the training. However, it may take two or more business days to remove the hold from your records.
Also, each school will be informed of students' compliance status and, at the school's discretion, students may be subject to additional disciplinary action within the school and/or may be ineligible to participate in school activities until this requirement is satisfied.
If you have a "TitleIXCompliance" hold on your student records, you missed the compliance deadline, and you should review the Presentation and take the Assessment as soon as possible.
The hold will remain on your student records pending satisfaction of this compliance requirement for the current academic year.
The hold will be removed upon successful completion of the training. You will be notified via email as soon as you have successfully completed the training (see answer to "I think I took this course already this academic year. How do I check?" above). However, the process to remove the hold from your records may take two or more business days.
If it has been two or more business days since you completed the training, and the hold is still on your account, please contact the Title IX Compliance Team at 410-706-2281 or via email at TitleIXCompliance@umaryland.edu. If emailing, please include your name in the subject line of the email to ensure prompt response.
To learn more about training requirements, educational programs on Title IX, sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, and policies and procedures offered by the Office of Accountability and Compliance, please email the Title IX Compliance Team or call (410) 706-2281.