- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
How to Enroll in UMB’s Student Health Insurance Plan
Health Insurance waivers will be available on June 21, 2019 for Plan Year 2019-2020. Accordingly, the site will be updated with Plan Year 2019-2020 information. Highlights of the plan changes for the new policy year include:
- Effective August 1, 2019, UnitedHealthcare StudentResources will be the insurance company providing coverage to UMB students.
- Benefit Changes to reduce your out-of-pocket costs:
- Lower Out-of-Pocket Maximum:
- Currently the In-Network out-of-pocket maximum is $6,350/Individual & $12,700/Family. This will be reduced to $1,500/Individual & $3,000/Family.
- The Out-of-Network out-of-pocket maximum is changing from $12,700/Individual and $24,500/Family to $5,000/Per Person.
- Lower Copayments for office visits:
- Decrease copayment for Doctor Visit from $25 to $15 per visit
- Decrease copayment for Specialist Visit from $40 to $15 per visit
- Decrease copayment for Urgent Care from $50 to $25 per visit
- Decrease in policy year deductible from $250/In-Network & $500/Out-of-Network to $100/In-Network & $200/Out-of-Network
- Lower Out-of-Pocket Maximum:
- You must use your UMB email address as the user ID to log in and your UMB student ID as your password.
- If you can't log in or don't have a UMB email address, please contact your school or Student Accounting at 410-706-2930.
- Please allow FIVE business days from the waiver approval date for the waiver to reflect on your student account.
NEW LOGIN PROCESS
- Your user account has been created for you.
- Your user name is your UMB email address.
- Your temporary password is your Banner ID.
If your Banner ID is @00123456, enter 000123456 as the password. (You can get your Banner ID on the Welcome Page of SURFS, under the "Registration Status" link.)
- You will be prompted to reset your password the first time you log in. A secure link will be sent to your UMB email address to complete the process. Once the password is reset, you will not receive a prompt again.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form.
- Print or write down your reference number. Receipt of this number only confirms submission, not acceptance, of your waiver request.
- If you are waiving coverage, your waiver is subject to a waiver verification process. For information on the Health Insurance Waiver process, please visit the following link: http://www.umaryland.edu/financialservices/student-accounting/health-insurance-waiver/.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with a customer service representative, please contact Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk at 1-844-288-4916 or by going to our website www.gallagherstudent.com/umb and clicking on the Customer Service link.
Voluntary Dental Insurance
PLEASE NOTE: Students do NOT need to be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan in order to purchase this Voluntary Dental Plan and self-pay for the insurance via the Gallagher enrollment website.
Gallagher Student is pleased to offer University of Maryland, Baltimore students and dependents a Voluntary Dental Plan through our partner, Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. There are two plans for students to choose from:
Choose-Your-Own Dentist: This option, also known as an Indemnity Plan, allows students to choose their own dentist
Ameritas Classic Network (PPO): Ameritas is one of the largest nationwide networks and students can choose a dentist from over 428,000 access points and 111,500 providers. Ameritas Classic Network Provider Search
To learn more & Enroll, please visit the following link:
Student Health Services
To access information about the UMB Counseling Center location, hours, services provided, and specific information about birth control pills, immunizations and needle stick procedures follow the Student Health link: http://www.umaryland.edu/studenthealth/.
Student Vision Insurance
All UMB students are eligible to enroll in vision insurance and can enroll and pay for the insurance directly through Gallagher.
For more information and to Enroll, please follow the following link: