- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Twitter FeedTweets by @UMShuttle
Status of UM shuttle
UM shuttle changes will be in effect Aug. 19, 2019
I am pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached between UMB and Reston Limousine Service to continue the UM shuttle, the bus service that provides transportation to nearby neighborhoods for UMB students, faculty, and staff. The shuttle service's new contract will begin on Monday, Aug. 19, and end on June 30, 2020.
Reston has been serving Montgomery College, George Mason University, and Howard University with similar service and has earned high praise from all.
The UM shuttle will:
- Operate as follows: Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Include the routes: 702 Mount Vernon, 703 Federal Hill, and 704 Canton/ Fells Point. Due to low ridership, the 701 BioPark/Midtown route will be eliminated, but with the appropriate identification, the UMMC shuttle will be available to transport faculty, staff, and students to the Midtown Campus. Safe Walk/Safe Ride will be available to transport individuals to the BioPark through the UMB Police. Call 410-706-6882.
- Use a new passenger notification system: Ride Systems.
- Feature new buses for all three routes (temporary vehicles will be used until the new ones arrive).
- UMB will be offering faculty and staff a fee-based ride option early in 2020.
- UMB is partnering with our new provider to adjust the new UM shuttle times to accommodate classes that end during evening hours.
The last date of the current UM shuttle service will be Friday, Aug. 16. The new service begins the following Monday. Our goal is to make the transition to the new shuttle service as seamless as possible. Parking and Transportation Services is in the process of exploring shuttle service providers beyond June 2020.
Thank you for your support during the town halls, focus groups, and feedback form leading up to this decision. Your input is most appreciated.
Dawn M. Rhodes, MBA
Chief Business and Finance Officer and Vice President