- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The UMB Police Force is currently undergoing CALEA Accreditation to ensure faculty, staff, students, and visitors to campus receive the best services possible.
Requirements for future Police Officer positions
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must have 20/100 (Snellen) vision in the weaker eye, vision correctable to 20/30 in each eye and wear corrective lenses.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must demonstrate physical ability to perform job and successfully complete reading and writing skills assessment.
- Must work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, on call, and as needed.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland driver's license.
- Finalists will be required to complete a physical evaluation.
- Physical Agility Package
Tips for physical agility
Practice bent-leg situps (cup your hands behind your ears while someone holds your feet) and pushups. Do as many as possible in one minute.
Flexibility and Agility Tests
Practice stretching exercises daily:
- Leg stretch: Sit on the ground with your legs straight. Slowly bend forward at your waist and extend your fingertips toward your toes while keeping your legs straight. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Towel stretch: Sit on the ground with your legs straight. Wrap a towel around your feet, while holding the ends. Lean forward and pull gently on the towel extending your torso toward your toes.
Build your endurance by walking and jogging so that you can run 1 1/2 miles at maximum effort.
Use a spring-hand grip at least every other day. Do at least three sets of 10 repetitions.