- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The UMB Police Force is currently undergoing CALEA accreditation to ensure faculty, staff, students, and visitors to campus receive the best services possible.
The BETA Team
UMB established the BETA Team to coordinate activities in response to reports of threatening, aggressive, or violent behavior. The BETA Team consists of appointed, standing representatives from various UMB offices and is chaired by a representative of the UMB Police Force.
Responsibilities of the BETA Team include:
- Assess reports of threatening, aggressive, or violent behavior and develop a strategy and plan.
- Act as a resource and liaison for UMB community members who report threatening, aggressive, or violent behavior and for school/department administrators.
- Make recommendations to appropriate deans and University vice presidents and/or their designees.
- Coordinate BETA Team efforts with action under relevant UMB policies.
- Regularly review strategies and plans, as necessary, for ongoing incidents.
- Keep records of reports and actions to assess risk and evaluate UMB response to threatening, aggressive, or violent behavior.
In addition to notifying University police, members of the UMB community may contact and consult with BETA Team members if they are a victim of, have knowledge of, or observe warning signs of threatening, aggressive, or violent behavior.
|Alice Cary||Chief of Police, Public Safety||410-706-7032|
|Roger Ward||Senior Vice President, Operations and Institutional Effectiveness||410-706-1850|
|Wanda Binns||Manager, Employee Assistance Program||410-328-5861|
|James Baronas||Assistant Professor, School of Medicine||410-328-8792|
|Jamaica Cosby||Assistant Director, Employee and Labor Relations||410-706-7302|
|Marianne Han||Staff Attorney, Office of University Counsel||410-706-5353|
|Emilia Petrillo||Director, Student Counseling Center||410-328-8404|