- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Demonstrates a constant pursuit of improvement and delivering high-quality service
As the state’s public health, law, and human services university, UMB has a responsibility to set the standard by which others are measured. We are devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. Excellence in the craft of teaching, excellence in learning, excellence in scholarship, excellence in customer service, excellence in our interactions with one another, internally and externally. We strive to work at the highest level of performance, with a commitment to continuous improvement.
To do this, we coordinate programs to promote student access and success, regularly evaluate and upgrade the teaching and technology skills of faculty, and support career ladders, professional development and re-training options, and, perhaps most important, lifelong learning.
Examples of behaviors that could be recognized for this award include:
- Understanding one’s role in the University and how it impacts the mission of UMB
- Demonstrating a high level of proficiency in one’s job. Offering and receiving coaching and feedback to and from those in the UMB community
- Focusing on one’s well-being
- Connecting your own work with your department and University goals and priorities
- Continuously gaining knowledge, building skills, increasing engagement, and improving productivity
- Focusing on your co-workers, patients, or customers to increase their satisfaction. Offering unparalleled customer service and care on all levels
Nominations must be received no later than 5 p.m. EST on Feb. 21, 2020.
Handwritten applications also are accepted and encouraged, particularly for those UMB individuals without computer access. Printed applications can be sent via interoffice mail to the President’s Office, Saratoga Building, 14th Floor, Attention: Jon Kucskar.
Thank you again for your interest in the Core Values Awards. Please contact Jon Kucskar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-706-4655 if you have any questions.