- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Hot Work Permits
Apply for and maintain Hot Work Watch Permits.
All contractors or university employees prior to completing work that requires a Hot Work Permit at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus.
A Hot Work Permit is required prior to any job, task or operation producing heat, sparks, open flames and or smoke. If for any reason, the permit cannot be fully completed or the precautions listed under this permit cannot be met, hot work is prohibited. The Hot Work Permits are issued to each contractor or university employee for a defined period of time as needed by the project. Periodic inspections of the work site are conducted by University Fire Marshal.
For questions regarding Hot Work Permits contact the University Fire Marshal or the EHS Fire Safety Manager at 6-3494.
- Submit the online Hot Works Permit request form or paper form to Fire Safety Manager. The paper form can be obtained at EHS at 714 W. Lombard St, Baltimore, MD.
- Form must be completely filled and approved by operator of described hot work.
- Follow EHS Hot Work Permit checklist.
- The approved permit can either be printed if completed online or if the paper application was used, operator will receive a carbon copy when they submit the paperwork.
- Once in receipt of the permit, it must be posted at the operation site.
- Approval of the permit is subject to review and EHS reserves the right to revoke permits.