- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Respond to an inoperable sprinkler or fire alarm system.
General instruction if a fire watch shall be implemented. A fire watch will be implemented if a sprinkler or fire alarm system at a University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus building is taken off line more than four hours.
- Notify appropriate campus personnel.
- UMB Fire Marshal at 6-3490.
- UMB Police at 6-6882.
- Work Control at 6-7570.
- Baltimore City Fire Department (Coordinate with University Fire Marshal).
- Persons on fire watch duty should not have any other responsibility during the time the fire watch is in effect.
- Patrol the entire area affected by the service outage every 30 minutes.
- Keep a log of fire watch patrols.
- If a fire is discovered:
- Follow the evacuations procedures for your building.
- If the building fire alarm system is out of service, ask the University Police to activate the Emergency Fire Warden Notification System for Evacuation of the building.