- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Respond to an inoperable sprinkler or fire alarm system.
General instruction if a fire watch shall be implemented. A fire watch will be implemented if a sprinkler or fire alarm system at a University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus building is taken off line more than four hours.
- Notify appropriate campus personnel.
- UMB Fire Marshal at 6-3490.
- UMB Police at 6-6882.
- Work Control at 6-7570.
- Baltimore City Fire Department (Coordinate with University Fire Marshal).
- Persons on fire watch duty should not have any other responsibility during the time the fire watch is in effect.
- Patrol the entire area affected by the service outage every 30 minutes.
- Keep a log of fire watch patrols.
- If a fire is discovered:
- Follow the evacuations procedures for your building.
- If the building fire alarm system is out of service, ask the University Police to activate the Emergency Fire Warden Notification System for Evacuation of the building.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.