- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Fire and Emergency Procedures
Respond to emergency evacuation incident, such as the presence of smoke or flames in any university building or when a fire alarm sounds on campus.
This instruction applies to visitors, employees, volunteers and students at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus.
In order to provide a safe environment for all University students, faculty and staff, a specific Emergency Fire Evacuation Plan can be found on EHS’s Campus Building Information website. For more information see EHS’s Fire and Emergency Evacuation Program website.
- In the event of smoke or flames, pull the manual fire alarm as you evacuate the building if the alarm has not been activated.
- Evacuate the building using the nearest stairwell. Do Not Use Elevators. Make use of nearest exit door to the outside of the building. During a fire alarm doors marked for emergency should be used.
- Once outside, move across the street or down the sidewalk, away from the building entrance.
- Call 711 and give the location of the fire once you have reached a position of safety.
- Do no re-enter the building until the all clear is given by the fire officer in charge or University Police.