- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Fire and Emergency Procedures
Respond to emergency evacuation incident, such as the presence of smoke or flames in any university building or when a fire alarm sounds on campus.
This instruction applies to visitors, employees, volunteers and students at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) campus.
In order to provide a safe environment for all University students, faculty and staff, a specific Emergency Fire Evacuation Plan can be found on EHS’s Campus Building Information website. For more information see EHS’s Fire and Emergency Evacuation Program website.
- In the event of smoke or flames, pull the manual fire alarm as you evacuate the building if the alarm has not been activated.
- Evacuate the building using the nearest stairwell. Do Not Use Elevators. Make use of nearest exit door to the outside of the building. During a fire alarm doors marked for emergency should be used.
- Once outside, move across the street or down the sidewalk, away from the building entrance.
- Call 711 and give the location of the fire once you have reached a position of safety.
- Do no re-enter the building until the all clear is given by the fire officer in charge or University Police.