- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Enroll in R.A.D.
Enroll in highly acclaimed and nationally recognized Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) class.
R.A.D. is a Self Defense Class available to University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Students and Staff, UMMC Staff, UMB Affiliates, as well as to the general public. The course teaches basic self-defense techniques and emphasizes common sense approaches to safety on and off campus.
Classes are currently taught by a certified Campus Life Services instructor and the University Police. They’re held in HS/HSL Room LL02 or any space that provides at least 500 square feet for activity.
- Register for Women’s Self Defense Course online through the Department of Public Safety’s and Campus Life Services (ISLSI).
- Course dates: courses will be offered once per semester lasting approximately 6 weeks.
- In general, a course will not start before the second week of academic classes in a given term.
- R.A.D. for Men is also available upon email request. Course will be provided if there are at least 10 interested individuals.
- The fee for this class has been waived to ensure accessibility to all students, faculty, staff, and community members who wish to participate.
- All participants will receive a sixty-five page manual.
- Any special inquiries about other Self-Defense programs or special R.A.D. needs can be directed by through an email outlining the request.