- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The UMB Police Department is currently undergoing CALEA Accreditation to ensure faculty, staff, students, and visitors to campus receive the best services possible.
Safe Walk/Safe Ride
UMB students, staff, faculty, and University of Maryland Medical Center personnel can request a Safe Ride through the UMB Mobile App and a Safe Walk by calling 410-706-6882. See the full instructions below.
Safe Walk is available 24/7.
Safe Ride is available 7 a.m. to noon and 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Safe Walk is a public safety service available on campus 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. See the boundaries on the Safe Walk/Safe Ride Map. Please reach out at 410-706-6882 for more information.
Safe Ride is a police service (car or van) available from 7 a.m. to noon, and from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m., 365 days a year. See boundaries on the Safe Walk/Safe Ride Map. Riders are required to have a UMB ID or UMMC ID.
Our morning Safe Ride service focuses on providing transportation from neighboring communities to UMB’s campus. Riders can request a Safe Ride from anywhere in the Safe Ride boundary, especially:
- Baltimore Street south to Washington Boulevard and Schroeder Street to Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK) Boulevard
- Ridgely’s Delight-Pratt Street south to Washington Boulevard, Greene Street to MLK.
- Download Mobile UMB in the Apple app store or on Google Play.
- Open Mobile UMB and tap Safe Ride.
- Allow the app to access your location. This is how our drivers know where to pick you up!
- Log in using your UMB ID and password. Confirm your login using UMB DUO authentication.
- Click Start to get a Safe Ride now.
- Click Schedule to get a Safe Ride later.
- Enter your pickup address. This is the location where our driver will pick you up.
- Enter your dropoff address. This is the location where you're going
- Note: You will receive an error message if an address is outside of our Safe Ride service boundaries. Try again and enter an address inside the yellow service area.
- Click Confirm Ride. Enter the number of passengers, bicycles, and/or wheelchairs.
- Click Submit RIde. Track your Safe Ride driver with the purple car icon and estimated pickup time.
- Wait inside until your Safe Ride arrives. Your app will notify you when your ride is waiting outside.