- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
UMB now offers cost-effective and comfortable charter services for faculty, staff, and students traveling for University business.
Charter services promote community outreach by assisting with transportation for University-related research and service projects.
Services are provided by the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) Department of Transportation Services.
Before making a reservation, determine the size of your group, length of your reservation, and your exact destination. The size of your group will determine the size of the vehicle that will be assigned to you. Remember to include chaperones. Even if you reserve a transit bus, your count should assign every person to a seat.
Remember to account for additional travel time if the initial pickup point and/or final destination are off campus. The flat fees cover prep, cleanup, and travel time necessary before and after each trip.
|Transit Vans (18 seats max)||$180 flat fee + $72 per hour|
|Transit Buses (40 seats max)||$200 flat fee + $80 per hour|
|Motor Coaches||$330 flat fee + $100 per hour + $1.25 per mile|
|UMCP SUV||$90 flat fee + $60 per hour|
Payments may be made via RSTARS transfer, credit card, or organizational check made out to the University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services.
To hold a reservation, a deposit of at least 20 percent of the total cost must accompany the signed contract. Any remaining balance must be paid no later than one week before the trip.
Personal checks will not be accepted.
Requests made less than one week before the reservation will incur a fee of $100 for transit/coach trips and $30 for SUV trips. No exceptions will be made.
- Charters are subject to fleet availability.
- Charter reservations must be finalized with a signed contract, at least one week before the requested date of the charter.
- Motorcoach availability may not be confirmed until two months before the desired service date.
- Contracts are accepted Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Service will not be provided if a signed contract is not received or if the department designee does not hold budget authority to charter a bus.
- More than one week before the scheduled departure are 100 percent refundable.
- Less than one week, but at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure, will result in a 20 percent fee of the total cost of the contract, maximum of $100.
- Made within 24 hours of the scheduled departure are refunded 50 percent.
All charter service requests must be made in writing. The preferred method of request is made via the online form. However, email, mail, and fax also are accepted.
Cancellations or changes must be made in writing (email is acceptable). Only a member of the UMCP DOTS Charter Office can officially confirm reservations, changes, or cancellations.