- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Application deadline by March 20, 2020
What are the responsibilities of a MENTOR?
- Have at least one conversation with your mentees before they arrive in the U.S. (via Skype, Google, or any other platform) to establish contact and discuss any concerns that your mentee may have about their arrival.
- Assist first-year student mentees as they adjust to life at UMB (e.g., offering advice on cultural adjustment, academics, campus resources, and tours of campus or the local environment).
- Attend mandatory mentor training session on Friday, April 10, 2020, noon to 1 p.m., and at least one OIS program event with your mentee(s) offered during the fall 2020 semester.
- Facilitate and coordinate meetings with your mentees at least once a month. Maintain regular contact with your mentees, either in person or via phone, email, or social media.
- Be open to learn and accept different cultures.
- Report your feedback about the mentorship program at the end of semester through surveys and/or focus groups on December 7, 2020 .
**While each prospective mentee is only assigned to one mentor, each mentor may have up to two mentees. The exact number depends on how many mentor and mentee applications we receive. Moreover, the office of International Services will be matching mentors and mentees on a rolling basis over the spring and summer. Your participation in this program as a mentor is completely voluntary. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.