- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Tweets by @UMBCommunity
Mentor a DreamKid
The DreamMentor opportunity is a chance to build a developmental relationship with a DreamKid to show them that you care, challenge their growth, provide support, share power, and inspire possibilities.
You will be meticulously trained and matched with a DreamKid who we believe will be the perfect match for a bidirectional relationship.
- Sincere desire to be personally involved helping a young person develop positive dreams for their lives, equipping them with the tools to make those dreams reality.
- Ability to communicate with a student openly and non-judgmentally;
- Strong listening skills;
- Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect;
- Interest in needs and concerns of children who are at risk of incarceration because they are falling behind in school or have a parent currently incarcerated
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives;
- Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds.
- Make a one year commitment to developing and maintaining a Mentor relationship with a student in an after-school program context;
- Attend Mentor orientation and training session before meeting Mentee;
- Attend monthly ongoing Mentor training and support sessions;
- Meet one hour weekly with your Mentee cultivating developmental competencies through prescribed activities, conversation, and interactive projects;
- Assist Mentee in enhancing his/her self-image and through character building and dream building
- Keep time logs and other information as requested by Mentor Coordinator.
U.S. Dream Academy is a non-profit organization committed to empowering children who are at risk of incarceration to maximize their potential by providing them with academic, social and values enrichment through supportive Mentoring and the use of technology. Our mission is to inspire and transform the lives of children of incarcerated parents and vulnerable young people through high performance relationships with carding adults, we build dreams, perseverance, skills, and strengthen character.
Monday thru Friday beginning September 20, 2017
2:45pm to 5:45pm
3910 Barrington Road
Baltimore, MD 21207