- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Report Fraud or Other Fiscal Irregularities
UMB encourages it employees, students, and the public to report any issues of suspected or known fraud or fiscal irregularities by its administrative and academic officers, faculty, staff, fellows, students and volunteers.
Reports can include, but are not limited to:
- illegal activities;
- serious violations of policy;
- serious violations of the UMB Code of Ethics and Conduct;
- suspected or known fiscal irregularities such as embezzlement, theft, and falsification of documents; and/or
- conflicts of interest under State law, UMB Policy, or federal law and regulation.
As a major federal contractor, suspected improper use or diversion of federal funds, especially federal grants and contracts, should be reported. Additionally, as a state institution, UMB strongly encourages members of its community and the public to report any suspected fraud, misuse or abuse of state resources.
If you are a faculty or staff member, and you suspect fraud, you should report the behavior to your department head or UMB’s Management Advisory Services, which provides assistance and oversight to campus departments with any audit, compliance, and general fiscal or operational matters.
UMB faculty, staff, and students, as well as members of the public, may also use the following hotlines to report suspected fraud or any other fiscal irregularities:
- The UMB Hotline, will record your report in EthicsPoint, a contractor independent of UMB. Your report will then be referred to the appropriate office of UMB for prompt response, appropriate investigation, and needed action. You may also call the Hotline toll-free at 1-866-594-5220.
- The University System of Maryland (USM) Office of Internal Audit, which conducts financial, operational, compliance, investigative, information systems, and follow-up reviews of the 13 USM institutions. In addition to the online referral system, you may also make a report to this office via their toll-free telephone hotline: 1-877-330-2320.
- The Office of Legislative Audits (OLA), a unit within the Maryland General Assembly Department of Legislative Services, which conducts audits and evaluations of Maryland state government agencies and local school systems. OLA can be contacted via their toll-free fraud hotline at 1-877-FRAUD-11 (1-877-372-8311). Please refer to the OLA Statewide Fraud Hotline Alert , a notice from the office to state employees.