- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
American Sign Language
Campus Life Services and the Office of Interprofessional Student Learning and Service Initiatives are excited to host an American Sign Language course in the SMC Campus Center.
To apply to the fall ASL 1 & 2 Level Course, click below:
- There are sections Level 1 & 2 of ASL.
- During Fall 2017, ASL will meet on Mondays from noon to 1 p.m.
- The courses will be taught by an instructor from the Hearing and Speech Agency (HASA) in Baltimore.
- Students must commit to attending and participating in all classes.
- This program has been supported through ISLSI, and the cost participants incur is to cover the price of the textbook.
- The out-of-pocket expense for a student who will participate in this program will be $25 (by check to the Hearing and Speech Agency).
- Faculty and staff interested in participating are responsible for paying $85 (by check to the Hearing and Speech Agency).
Frequently Asked Questions
You are eligible to apply if you are a current University of Maryland, Baltimore student, faculty, or staff member; however, faculty and staff do not recieve the discounted price.
No, you are not required. However, the Intro to ASL event will offer an overview of the eight-week course and you will gain a few more vocabulary words.
No. The application process is very competitive for the American Sign Language course and we can only accept a very limited number of participants. There is a chance you will not be selected, so you are encouraged to seek out community ASL courses at the Hearing and Speech Agency.
The payment is due on the first day of class. If you do not have the payment ready, you will not be able to continue in the course. If you have further questions about payment, please contact us.