- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
IPE Faculty Scholars
This scholars program is intended to support faculty from the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) professional schools in expanding their knowledge and expertise related to providing interprofessional education (IPE) to advance UMB’s mission. The program requires a 10 percent commitment over two years (24 months), including involvement in the Foundations of Interprofessional Education and Practice course in the first year, development of an IPE initiative in the first year, and implementation of that initiative in the second year. This IPE initiative should advance UMB’s offerings in the areas of IPE immersion or IPE competency (see www.umaryland.edu/ ipe/student-activities/ for examples of funded initiatives). Faculty Scholars will be eligible to apply to attend an Interprofessional Education Collaborative Institute and to apply for a Seed Grant and/or IPE Faculty Award (see www.umaryland.edu/ipe/funding-opportunities/). Up to seven President’s Interprofessional Education Faculty Scholars will be selected for this two-year program.
Criteria for Applying
- Full-time UMB faculty member;
- Past collaboration with a UMB faculty member from another discipline, ideally on an IPE-focused education initiative;
- Commit to participating as a course faculty member in the Foundations of Interprofessional Education and Practice course; this initiative includes six learning modules (three modules delivered face to face and three modules delivered online via Blackboard) that provide introductory content;
- Commit to developing and implementing an IPE initiative that provides students from two or more disciplines with the opportunity to engage in immersion or to develop further their competency to work in interprofessional teams;
- Commit to attend UMB Center for Interprofessional Education Annual Fall Seed Grant Presentations and Reception (Dec. 14, 2018, 1-4 p.m.);
- Commit to be an IPE advocate within UMB and your respective school;
- Commit to disseminate work in peer-reviewed venues, including acknowledgment of support received from the UMB Center for Interprofessional Education;
- Letter of support from Academic Department Chair confirming commitment of 10 percent effort over two years.
Faculty selected as Scholars will commit 10 percent effort over a two year period (24 months). Institutional base salary and benefits will be funded by the Center for Interprofessional Education for this period of time.
Complete the Faculty Scholars Application form and submit it, along with the letter of support, no later than noon on Friday, Sept. 14, 2018. Application forms should be submitted to Patricia Danielewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment. Applicants will be notified of their selection by Sept. 28, 2018.