Frequently Asked Questions

When do I seek help from International Operations vs. the Center for Global Engagement?

If it's related to academics like faculty-led trips, international research, and student travel, the Center for Global Engagement is your subject matter expert!

International Operations is the team to ask if it's related to international travel, safety and security, procurement, finance, human resources, compliance, and other operational areas.

Not sure? Contact both teams at, and we'll help you figure it out!

Can you help us make a payment to an international collaborator?

Yes! International Operations will be able to guide you through UMB and MGIC policies and procedures, as appropriate, to make your international payment. Contact us at