Voucher Program - COVID-19
UMB ICTR Announces Special call for Rolling Voucher Applications related to SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 Clinical & Translational Research. Up to $10,000 will be awarded to help defray the costs of UMB Cores of Services listed below!
About the Voucher Program
Services that may be eligible for COVID-19 Voucher support include those listed at these sites: CIBR, GCRC, NORC, and UMMC* IDS and some community-engaged research expenses.
DO NOT Use the Voucher Program for Biostatistics, Informatics, Community-Collaboration, or the Drug Discovery Development services. These services are ICTR Cores of Service and do not require Voucher support.
Please Note: The Voucher Program resources are finite and
- Cannot be requested to offset expenses in a grant application
- The researcher should be ready to begin using the voucher support within 12 months of the award date. Remaining funds will be returned to the ICTR
- Cannot be encumbered for future use or transferred to another project, researcher, or expense.
- Limited to one voucher award per faculty per 12 months
- Limited to one voucher award per project
- Cannot be used to pay salary support that is not already included in a UMB cost center's fee schedule
UMB ICTR Voucher support is open to all UMB assistant professor, associate professor, and professor faculty. UMB faculty may apply for:
Up to $10,000 to help defray the costs of UMB Cores of services related to SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 Clinical & Translational Research
Voucher awards are limited to one per faculty member every 12 months and only one voucher award per project.
How to Apply - Two Steps
First - Request the Voucher Application through the electronic ICTR Resource Request Form
- Use your UMID/password to log into the webpage to access the link to the ICTR Resource Request Form. The request for the Voucher Application is near the end of the form, after the ICTR cores of service. Remember, the Voucher Program is not intended for biostatistics, informatics, community collaboration, drug discovery and development core services, though you may apply for these services as well.
- Please note in your application that the request is for COVID-19 research.
- Once submitted, your ICTR resource request will be forwarded to the ICTR Navigator for review and for further processing within 1-2 business days . If you are eligible for a voucher application, you will receive an email with voucher application link.
Recipients of ICTR resources are required to submit a progress report at the mid-year and end-of-year. The progress report will request grant/funding applications/publications/intellectual property activity related to your project.
Acknowledging UMB ICTR/CTSA - All publications, abstracts, poster presentations, and grant applications related to this research, should include the following citation: "We acknowledge the support of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (ICTR) and Clinical Translational Science Award
Second - Upload the Required, Supporting Documents into the Voucher Application
- Proposal Abstract Template (Save to desktop before entering data; limit 30 lines)
- Budget Template* (budget cannot exceed the allowed amounts noted above)
- CURRENT, SIGNED, WRITTEN quote(s) from the UMB Core(s) and/or community service providers that will be providing the planned service(s)
- Statement on:
- Why services are needed.
- How the voucher will extend existing funding, if any.
- Impact the ICTR Voucher will have on the research.
- Time frame for voucher utilization (voucher award should be used within 12 months)
You can return to your application using the "Save and Return Later" feature and edit as needed. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review.
For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact the ICTR Navigator (ICTRfirstname.lastname@example.org).
Voucher Program applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of UMB faculty across campus. The decision and anticipated award notification is typically within four weeks after receipt.
This section last updated March 25, 2020