The ICTR awards voucher support to help defray the cost of services offered by CIBR, GCRC, BIORESCO, NORC, and UMMC* IDS and for some community-engaged research expenses.
UMB ICTR Voucher support is open to all UMB assistant professor, associate professor, and professor faculty. UMB faculty may apply for:
- Up to $10,000 to defray the costs of services needed to help complete the specific aims of ATIP grants, K awards, and all funded, externally peer-reviewed, clinical, and translational research
- Up to $5,000 to defray the costs of services needed for unfunded projects working to generate preliminary data for future grant applications
Typically, an individual researcher will only be awarded voucher support once per academic year.
How to Apply - Two Steps
- Use your UMID/password to log into the ICTR Core Services Request webpage to access the link to the ICTR Core Services Request Form. Please review the free ICTR cores of services first to determine if your needs can be met through these services. If your service needs cannot be met through the listed cores of service, scroll to the bottom of the form for information about the Voucher Program, check "Yes" for requesting a Voucher Application, and briefly list the type of services needed.
- Once submitted, your request for an application will be triaged to the appropriate ICTR Cores and/or the Voucher Program Liaison for review.
- If your request is eligible for voucher support consideration, you will receive an email with a link to your electronic Voucher Application. Be prepared to upload the supporting documents listed below as a single PDF into the Voucher Application:
- Proposal Abstract Template (Save to desktop before entering data; limit 300 words)
- Budget Template* (budget cannot exceed the allowed amounts noted above)
- Current, written quote(s) from the UMB Core(s) and/or community service providers that will be providing the planned service
- Statement on:
- Why services are needed.
- How the voucher will extend existing funding.
- Impact the ICTR Voucher will have on the research.
- Time frame for voucher utilization (voucher award should be used within 12 months)
You can return to your application using a "return code" and edit as needed and to upload the required documents listed above. Once submitted, the application is reviewed by the Voucher Program Liaison for completeness and then forwarded to the Voucher Committee for review. Applications submitted near the deadline without the required supporting documents risk being rolled over to the next deadline to allow time for you to modify your application. For questions regarding application guidelines, please contact the ICTR Navigator (ICTRfirstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Submission Deadline
Applications are accepted on a bi-monthly basis. The first round of applications, with all supporting documents listed below in the Review Process section, must be submitted by February 1, 2019, 5 p.m. Applications submitted after this deadline will be rolled over to the next round.
2019 Application deadlines
Voucher Program applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of UMB faculty across campus. The decision and anticipated award notification is typically within six weeks after the application deadline.
*PLEASE NOTE: If your project requires routine laboratory services to screen for eligibility for a research project, please go to UMBiz for assistance developing a budget and quotes for these screening tests.
This section last updated December 7, 2018