UMB ICTR Internal KL2 Mentored Career Development Award
Information on this Page is for Your Reference Only.
The Clinical Research Scholars Program is seeking applications for the UMB ICTR Internal 2019 KL2 Mentored Career Development Awards. The awards support the career development of individuals dedicated to a career in clinical investigation and who aspire to develop into future leaders in clinical research. Support is provided for three years. The initial two years of support, based upon satisfactory progress, is provided by each school’s Institutional funds. The final year of support is provided by the applicant’s home division/department or UMB School.
How to Apply
To be considered for the UMB ICTR 2019 KL2 Mentored Career Development Award opportunity, applications and required, supporting documents must be submitted electronically no later than June 7, 2019, 5:00 PM EDT.
To access the application and upload the required documents, use your UMB ID/Password to log into the secure page housing the application link [No Longer Available].
**Due to specific funding requirements, all School of Medicine faculty interested in this program should contact Dr. Graziela Kalil at ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu**
KL2 FOA and Required Documents
1. Face/Cover letter (no template required)- please briefly note any information you think provides additional clarity to your application materials
2. Personal statement (2-3 pages)
3. Research plan (2-5 pages)
4. Plans for advanced training (1-2 pages)
6. Nomination letter (written by the primary mentor and the Division/Department director; or separate letters from each)- to be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than June 7, 2019 by 5:00 PM EDT.
7. Mentor biosketch
8. Two letters of recommendation (in addition to the nomination letter(s)) (Letters of recommendation should be emailed by the letter writer to ICTR-Navigator@umaryland.edu no later than June 7, 2019 by 5:00 PM EDT.
9. Unofficial transcripts from all degree-granting academic institutions
For general questions regarding application guidelines, please contact
Dr. Graziela Kalil via ICTRfirstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful Tips for Preparing a K-type Grant Applications
Tips for preparing a competitive application, see https://www.niaid.nih.gov/grants-contracts/career-development-awards.
Tips for preparing a good career development plan, see https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Funding/Training-Career-Awards/Mentored-Career-Awards/Suggestions-Good-Career-Development-Plan
Instructions for PA-19-119 (K23): https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-19-119.html