- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Exempt and Non-Exempt Contingent Category II
Onboarding is typically held at the SMC Campus Center at 621 W. Lombard St. Please reference your new hire letter to confirm the date, location, and time. New employees must attend Onboarding before they report to their hiring department. At the Onboarding session, members of the Human Resource Services team will welcome you to UMB, review the benefits of your employment, and collect all required forms and information. All forms must be completed in black ink. You will need to bring the appropriate identification that you used to complete your Form I-9.
You will need to use black ink to complete the documents listed below when you arrive at orientation. If you will be enrolling yourself and your dependents in health benefits immediately, please bring your dependent documentation, which may include an official marriage certificate and/or official birth certificates.
The New Employee Checklist for Contingent Category II lists all the forms you will need to complete on your first day of employment. You will need to bring the appropriate identification when you complete your Form I-9.
- Employment Eligibility Verification — Form I-9 (with accompanying required documents)
- State of Maryland Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- 2018-MD-W4 — W4 for all residents of any state except D.C. or West Virginia
- 2018-DC-W4 — W4 for District of Columbia residents
- 2018-WV-W4 — W4 for all West Virginia residents
- Supplemental Data Form
If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, contact HRS at 410-706-7171, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., before arriving at orientation.
Health Benefits Enrollment
UMB participates in the State of Maryland health benefits plans. If you are enrolling yourself or yourself and dependents in a health insurance plan, you must complete the following documents:
- 2017 Contractual Healthcare Enrollment Form
- Disabled Dependent Certification (for disabled dependents age 26 and older — must be done every two years)
- Health Benefits Transfer Form from a MD state agency or USM institution
For information on additional benefits that are available to University employees, such as supplemental retirement plans and tuition remission, visit the Benefits Website.