- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Contractual Faculty and Staff
Contingent Faculty and Staff must visit Human Resources before they report to their hiring department. The checklist below lists forms that need to be completed on your first day of employment. You can either (1) print and complete the forms prior to your first day, or (2) complete the forms when you arrive. Please use black ink to complete the forms.
You also will need to bring the identification you used to complete your Form I-9 (passport or driver's license and Social Security card).
New Hire Forms for Contingent Faculty and Staff
- Employment Eligibility Verification — Form I-9
- State of Maryland Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Employee's Withholding Certificate (Federal & State)
- Supplemental Data Form
If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, contact HRS at 410-706-7171, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., before your first day.
Health Benefits Enrollment
UMB participates in the State of Maryland health benefits plans. Contractual employees of the University are designated as either Contingent Category I or Contingent Category II. Both categories are eligible for subsidized health and prescription drug benefit coverage. To determine eligibility for health care, please visit the Contractual Employee Health Care Eligibility page.
UMB uses Maryland’s SPS Workday for employee benefits management. SPS Workday allows UMB employees to view their current benefits, make benefits elections if they are new employees, or make changes to their benefits during an open enrollment period or after a qualifying life event. All dependent information can conveniently be updated at any time.
If you are enrolling your dependents in a health insurance plan, you must complete the following document:
- Disabled Dependent Certification (for disabled dependents age 26 and older — must be filled out and submitted every two years)