- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Coming Soon: Improved Live Near Your Work Program
An improved Live Near Your Work (LNYW) Program launches in 2018, offering greater incentives and new initiatives. Stay tuned for more information and learn more on the website.
Live Near Your Work (LNYW)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is a participant in the Baltimore City Live Near Your Work Program. The LNYW program was created to stimulate home ownership within the City of Baltimore and support the revitalization and stabilization of targeted neighboring communities.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore will contribute $2,500 per eligible participant. In addition, participants will be eligible to receive a matching grant up to $2,500 from the Baltimore City Live Near Your Work program, to be used toward down payment or closing costs.
To be eligible for the UMB LNYW funding, all of the following conditions must be met:
- You are a regular full- or part-time (50% FTE or more) faculty or staff employee of the University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- This must be your first Baltimore City home purchase.
- The home must be your primary residence for one year.
- The home being purchased must be within the targeted neighborhoods listed of Barre Circle, Hollins Market, Union Square, Franklin Square, Harlem Park, Washington Village/Pigtown, Poppleton, Mount Clare, and portions of Sandtown-Winchester, Upton, and Madison Park.
- Download the Baltimore City LNYW Employee Application
- Complete the employee section of the Baltimore City LNYW Application and bring it with you along with the sales contract for verification to:
Human Resource Services, Benefits
620 W. Lexington Street, 3rd floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
Human Resource Services will complete the employer section of the LNYW application and the employee will submit the verified application along with supporting documentation to the Baltimore City Office of Homeownership.
Once the application is approved by the Baltimore LNYW program, the employee must bring a copy of the approved BCLNYW Employee Application, the name and contact information for the title company, along with the scheduled settlement date to Human Resource Services to receive the university matching contribution $2,500 from UMB.
UMB will provide a check payable to you and your title company in an amount of $2,500. Please allow for a minimum of 10 to 14 business days for the processing of the check.
House Keys for Employees
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is also a participating employer in the State of Maryland House Keys 4 Employees program. House Keys 4 Employees (HK4E) enables eligible homebuyers who are using a Maryland Mortgage Program loan to purchase their home to receive more down payment and/or closing cost assistance than is available through the standard down payment and closing cost assistance programs. Visit the Maryland Mortgage Program website for additional information.
The employee also applies and is approved for $1,000 from HK4E as a match for the original amount of $2,500 that UMB contributed under the LNYW program. At the time of closing, this employee has received $7,500 in total - $2,500 from LYNW, $2,500 from HK4E, and the original contribution from UMB of $2,500.