- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Signs and Labeling
All laboratories including tissue culture rooms, cold rooms, and common equipment rooms must register for a door sign, which will be posted on the outside of the laboratory door, facing the hallway. This door sign will indicate what types of hazards are found in the lab and will also have PI and emergency contact information.
To request a laboratory door sign:
- Click on the "MyEHS"
- Choose registered or new user
- If you are a new user, fill out the registration information
- Once you are registered, log in
- Click on “Door Sign Request” link
- Read instructions, click on “Submit a door sign request”
- Fill out the appropriate information
- Click “submit” when finished
Once a request has been submitted, the door signs will be delivered to you within 3 days. If you would like to pick up your door sign or have any questions about requesting a door sign please contact EHS at (410) 706 - 7055.
All equipment and materials used to store or transport of potentially infectious material must be labeled with the universal "Biohazard" symbol. The label must be orange or red-orange with the biohazard symbol in a contrasting color. A Biohazards sign needs to contain the symbol as well as the word “Biohazard”. EHS does not provide Biohazard Stickers. However, several vendors provide pre-printed stickers for this purpose.