- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)/Research Registration
- Recombinant DNA
- Human Materials: Research involving manipulation of human blood, tissue, or cell culture including clinical laboratories.
- Select Agents
Research and development activities that involve radioactive materials or ionizing radiation producing machines in human, animal, or in vitro work must be registered with the Radiation Safety Committee online using CICERO
Log in to CICERO, if you have not created an account, we may have created one for you. Try your campus email address as your username and 1234 as your password. If you get a message that you are an invalid user, you should create an account by following these directions:
- Go to the right section of this webpage: http://cicero.umaryland.edu and click Create Login Account.
- Under Requested Roles, click Principal Investigator or Researcher.
- Indicate that you will need IBC and/or RSC modules (and any others you may need).
- Enter all other required information and click Register at the bottom right section of the page.
Please note that all staff on your projects will need CICERO accounts. Please pass these directions on to your staff.