- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Want to help us enhance our site and promote diversity and inclusion at UMB?
Send us your comments and suggestions or submit a quote.
The only national higher education diversity award
Insight: Into Diversity - Higher Education Award - Excellence in Diversity - 2015
Insight: Into Diversity and Health Professions - Higher Education Award - Excellence in Diversity - 2018
Education and Awareness
The Education and Awareness Committee is responsible for providing leadership in advancing learning and scholarship to build and sustain a community and culture of inclusion.
- Facilitate cross-communication of diversity- and inclusion-related activities, programs, and initiatives occurring within UMB schools and departments.
- Recommend initiatives that promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency throughout UMB.
- Recommend programs that prepare faculty and staff to incorporate cultural competency into the professional and learning environments.
- Promote interdisciplinary programs to help build cultural competence among students in the health, legal, and human services professions.
- Provide resources and strategies to actively recruit excellent, qualified, diverse staff, faculty, and students.
- Create and compile city information about resources for diverse campus populations, particularly for new hires.
- Provide quarterly reports on DAC activities.