- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Center for Community-Based Engagement & Learning
The University of Maryland Baltimore Center for Community Based Engagement and Learning (CBEL) was established in September 2013 to coordinate, guide and enhance opportunities for community-based student engagement, scholarship, service and learning to improve the health and welfare of the West Baltimore community.
Collaboration across campus and outside partners
- CBEL established a Universitywide advisory group to inform, coordinate, & guide campus engagement with children and families in West Baltimore. Click here to see the list of initiatives.
- CBEL also coordinates violence prevention initiatives across campus and with the City Health Department and community partners
Research & Scholarship
- CBEL provides grants to faculty and students in order to support pilot research to advance community based service, learning and scholarship conducted in partnership with communities surrounding UMB. Click here to see our grantees from summer 2014
- Providing technical support and mentorship for the 2014-2015 President's Symposium on Community Engagement. Click here for more information.
- Launching a faculty fellows program for community-based service and scholarship in 2015