- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
- Applications deadline: Feb. 15, 2020
- Awards announced: March 7, 2020
- Award use period: March 15, 2020 – Jan. 1, 2021
- Reports and budget reconciliations due: No later than Feb. 1, 2021
- Unused funds returned to CGE: No later than Feb. 15, 2021
FY20-21 and beyond
Applications are accepted each fall.
- Application deadline: Nov. 1, 2020
- Awards announced: Mid-December 2020
- Award use period: Jan. 1, 2021 – Feb. 14, 2022
- Reports and budget reconciliations due: No later than March 13, 2022
- Unused funds returned to CGE: No later than March 30, 2022
Requests for funding may be considered outside of the regular award cycle for exceptional innovative proposals. Contact us to learn more.
Download the appropriate application form:
- For proposals pertaining to global student education, download the Education-Focused Application Form.
- For proposals pertaining to research, partnerships, and all other matters, download the Research Application Form.
- Save all application materials as a single PDF. Please ask your department administrator if you need help combining multiple files into one PDF.
- Title the .pdf as follows: LeadApplicantLastName_PGIF_2019.pdf (for example: Rowthorn_PGIF_2019.pdf)
- Submit completed application via email to email@example.com.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Budget Information and Award Dispersal
No routing is necessary for these internal funds (although the department chair’s signature of approval is required on the application).
Unless circumstances require a different approach, award will be disbursed to the lead applicant’s department.
A revolving account should be identified for internal transfer of the grant funds awarded.
Unused funds can be used in subsequent years for grant purposes up to 2 years after the end of the award use period. At that time, unused funds must be returned to CGE.
Post-award reporting: At the end of the award use period, awardees are required to submit the following materials in a brief narrative report to CGE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brief Narrative Report
- Describe the project, outcomes, and next steps.
- Outlines use and impact of funds. We do not require any specific format.
- Budget report reflecting actual expenditures. (You can update the budget submitted with your application.)
- Statement regarding how unused funds will be used in subsequent years than budgeted (note: funds cannot be used 2 years after the end of the award use period).
Promotional mention of PGIF: Please mention the President’s Global Impact Fund in any communications or news related to your project.