- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Role Validation Process 2016
Why We're Asking You to Validate
The University System of Maryland (USM) IT Security Standards require each campus to put in place an annual process to validate those employees or affiliates who have access to transact and/or approve human resources/payroll and financial transactions. Each school or department must validate the following:
- Individuals with the above access are current employees or affiliates in the department or school.
- These are the individuals authorized to transact such business on behalf of your school/unit and such system access is still within the employee’s/affiliate’s current job duties.
This is the request for 2016 roles validation. As a reminder, Schools, Units and Departments can run role validation at any time throughout the year to keep roles current as users leave or join the department. Consider building these steps into your area’s hire and termination processes.
Your School’s or Unit’s administrative staff will handle the validation or notify certain department personnel that they are responsible for their departments’ validations.
The individuals(s) who will run reports or access the online view must hold the following role(s) in the applications they will validate:
- In eUMB HRMS: Department Administrator OR Department HR Representative
- In eUMB Financials: Department Administrator
If you or your designee needs to add these roles, use the appropriate access request forms to request the roles you need. Access may take up to 2 business days.
School, Unit or Department designees will be responsible to
- run the UMB Roles Validation Report
- review to make sure all assignments are appropriate
- request access changes as needed
- confirm that all access requests have been processed
- re-run the UMB Roles Validation Report for a final review
- have the administrative officer sign the last page of the report
- submit the entire report and the signed last page to Financial Systems
The process must be run for BOTH eUMB HRMS and eUMB Financials.
School, Unit or Department designees will be responsible to do the following for roles in BOTH eUMB HRMS and eUMB Financials:
- Run the UMB Roles Validation Report.
- Confirm whether or not the individuals shown in each listed role:
- are current employees or affiliates with the School, Unit or Department.
- should transact such business on behalf of the School/Unit/Department.
- still require the listed access to fulfill their current job duties.
- This job may be easier using these Role Description documents:
- Submit new access request forms to add/remove roles as needed.
- Use the Roles/Departments Security Page to confirm that access requests have been processed.
- Re-run the UMB Roles Validation Reports and do a final check on both reports (as described in #2 above).
- Have the administrative officer of your School/Unit/Department sign the last page of each final report as validation that the role assignments are accurate and appropriate.
- the entire final reports listing current role assignments in eUMB HRMS and eUMB Financials
- the signed last page for BOTH applications
Email to Financial Systems at DL-BFFinancialSystems@umaryland.edu. If you are submitting on paper, you may send or deliver them to Anne Hughes, Saratoga Building – Room 02-151.
Please begin the validation process as soon as possible as requested changes to access may take up to 2 business days.
Final copies of the Roles Validation Report for BOTH eUMB HRMS and eUMB Financials are due by November 18, 2016.
Email the entire final reports and the signature pages to Financial Systems at DL-BFFinancialSystems@umaryland.edu. If you are submitting on paper, you may send or deliver your reports to Anne Hughes, Saratoga Building – Room 02-151.