- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Methods of Payment
Due Dates for Payment of Tuition and Fees
Personal checks are accepted in payment of your student account. All checks and money orders must be in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. They should be made payable to the University of Maryland and should include the student's billing ID on the front of the check. In the event your personal check is returned to the University unpaid by your bank, your account will be assessed a service charge in accordance with the following schedule:
Checks up to $25 — $5
over $25 — $25
To pay online, please log in to your SURFS account and click on the TouchNet® link on the Main Menu. Online payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and personal checking account. A non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% (minimum $3.00) will be charged to each credit card transaction. No additional fee is associated with checking account transactions.
To pay by mail: Please mail your payment via check or money order to the following address. Please include your Student ID number (beginning with “@00”) on the check-
University of Maryland, Baltimore
P.O. Box 17108
Baltimore, MD 21297
To pay in person: You may pay in person at the Cashier’s Office, 601 W. Lombard St., Suite 206, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Cash, check, and debit card payments are welcome at the cashier’s window. Credit card payments may only be made online through TouchNet®.
To send an international payment: Please visit https://www.flywire.com/ to initiate convenient and secure international payments to UMB. The following link gives detailed instructions on how to create an international payment through Flywire: http://info.flywire.com/rs/857-SYJ-051/images/PayerGuide_US.pdf
A student seeking to pay in installments should visit the Student Accounting office (located on the second floor of the Health Sciences and Human Services Library) before the original due date of the bill to execute a UMB Installment Plan contract.
UMB Installment Plan Terms
- An administrative fee of $10 per semester is added to the outstanding balance.
- One-third (1/3) of the charges plus the $10 administration fee are due on the original due date.
- One-third (1/3) of the charges is due 30 days after the original due date.
- One-third (1/3) of the charges is due 60 days after the original due date.
- A $25 late fee may be charged for any installment not paid by the installment due date. If an installment payment is not received within 10 days after its due date, the total remaining balance becomes due immediately and additional late fees may be charged in the amount of 5 percent of the outstanding balance to a maximum of $200.
The hyperlink for the Installment Plan that was added should link to the UMB Installment Plan section within Methods of Payment.