- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Health Insurance Waiver
Students may waive out of the UMB Student Health Plan with proof of insurance compliant with all aspects of the Affordable Care Act, including but not limited to Benefits, Customer Protection, underwriting guidelines and Maryland State approval by the Division of Insurance. Students requesting a waiver must process a request through the Gallagher Student Health Special Risk Portal at the following link: www.gallagherstudent.com/umb
How to Waive UMB’s Student Health Insurance Plan
- You cannot log-in with the account you created for 2016-17. For 2017-18 you must use your UMB email address as the user ID to log in and your UMB student ID as your password. If you log in using the ID you created last year, you will not be able to access the enroll/waive form for 2017-18.
- You will not be able to enroll in the 2017-18 UMB SHIP if you haven't registered for classes.
- If you can't log in or don't have an UMB email address, please contact your school or Student Accounting at 410-706-2930.
NEW LOG IN PROCESS - 2017-2018 Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Your user account has been created for you.
- Your user name is your UMB email address.
- Your temporary password is your Banner ID.
If your Banner ID is @00123456, enter 000123456 as the password. (You can get your Banner ID on the Welcome Page of SURFS, under the "Registration Status" link).
- You will be prompted to reset your password the first time you log in. A secure link will be sent to your UMB email address to complete the process). Once the password is reset you will not receive a prompt again.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form.
- Print or write down your reference number. Receipt of this number only confirms submission, not acceptance, of your waiver request.
- If you are waiving coverage, your waiver is subject to a waiver verification process.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with a Customer Service Representative, please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 1-844-288-4916 or by going to our website www.gallagherstudent.com/umb and clicking on the Customer Service link.