- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Bank Mobile Refund Choice Card FAQs
UMB HAS PARTNERED WITH BANKMOBILE TO DELIVER YOUR FINANCIAL AID REFUND.
To make this process easier, BankMobile has a detailed web page with information about the BankMobile Disbursement program through the following link:
To view our institution’s contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customers Bank, click here.
You can check the status of your refund selection kit online at https://refundselection.com or by calling BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-327-9515. To order a replacement personal code, contact Student Accounting at DL-BFRefundChoice@umaryland.edu or 410-706-8357.
• Visit the BankMobile Disbursement Homepage https://refundselection.com.
• Click the link that says “Need a Personal Code.” Enter your last name and Student ID number, beginning with the “@” symbol (@00xxxxxx), and click “Continue.” You will be prompted to enter the last four digits of your Student ID number along with your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format (i.e. 123401011990), then click “Show Card Status.” Your card mailing status will be displayed.
BankMobile’s Customer Service number is 1-877-327-9515. Representatives are available between 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST (Monday to Friday)
If you have not received your BankMobile refund selection kit within 5-7 business days of registration, it is likely that you will have to request that a replacement personal code be emailed to you. Before making a request for a replacement code, please check the accuracy of the mailing address that was provided to BankMobile and update it in SURFS if necessary. To request a replacement personal code, please contact Student Accounting at DL-BFRefundChoice@umaryland.edu or 410-706-8357.
You will have to order a replacement personal code. Before making a request for a replacement, please check the accuracy of the mailing address that was provided to BankMobile and update it in SURFS if necessary. To request a replacement, please contact Student Accounting at DL-BFRefundChoice@umaryland.edu or 410-706-8357.
If you can see in SURFS that you have a refund and you have not been notified that it is available by BankMobile, contact Student Accounting at DL-BFRefundChoice@umaryland.edu or 410-706-8357. Please remember that the refund process takes 7-10 business days to complete.
If you have questions about the amount of your refund, you should contact the Office of Financial Assistance and Education at email@example.com or 410-706-7347.
Title IV federal regulation requires that loan refunds be received by the student within 14 days. UMB strives to have this time shortened to 7-10 days. The refund file (list of all students expecting refunds) is generated and sent to BankMobile. The refunds will be disbursed to students when BankMobile receives the wire transfer from the Maryland Office of the Treasurer. This is typically four business days after the file is generated.
The refund preference you selected will determine when your funds are available.
Your choices are:
- DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
For this reason, BankMobile advises refund recipients to rely heavily on the email notification that is automatically sent out to the student when the refund is disbursed. Please keep in mind that BankMobile does not recognize any refunds until the entire process above is completed. Therefore, if you call BankMobile customer service before they receive the wire transfer from the state, they will not see a refund in process for you but it doesn’t mean that there is not one.
You also can stay informed about the status of your refund by signing up for Mobile Alerts. With Mobile Alerts, you can personalize your preferences by opting to receive "Refund Status Alerts." If your mobile phone accepts text messages, changes to your refund status and preference will be automatically sent to the mobile phone number listed on your profile.