- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Call 711 to report an emergency. To stay informed when an emergency is happening on campus, call 410-706-8622.
Emergency Management Team (EMT) Organization
The Emergency Management Team (EMT) is responsible for ensuring that the University is properly prepared to respond to an emergency.
As needed, the EMT provides support to the Incident Commander during the University’s response to an emergency. This support role may or may not require that EMT or portions of it convene in the Emergency Operations Center.
The primary functions of the EMT are to:
- Provide oversight and direction to the University emergency preparedness activities.
- Develop emergency response policies and programs.
- Provide support to the Incident Commander during an emergency.
- Assist with the staffing and management of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
The EMT consists of the following representatives from campus. Each team member must designate an appropriate substitute in the event that they are not available or cannot be reached. Additional staff may be called upon to assist with the emergency response.
Emergency Management Team Members
- Antonio Williams - EMT Director and Associate Vice President for Public Safety/Chief of Police
- Wanda Binns - Director, Employee Assistance Program
- Emilia Kessler Petrillo - Director, Counseling Center
- Maureen Kotlas - Director, Environmental Health and Safety
- Laura Kozak - Assistant Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- Matt Lasecki, Associate Vice President, Human Resource Services
- Flavius Lilly - Associate Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs
- Robert Milner - Director, Parking and Transportation Services
- Arthur (Skip) Rose, University Counsel
- Robert Rowan - Associate Vice President, Facilities and Operations
- Fred Smith - Executive Director, Information Technology
- Roger Ward - Chief Accountability Officer, Vice President of Operations and Planning, Vice Dean of the Graduate School
- Kent Buckingham - School of Dentistry
- Matt Conn - School of Social Work
- Rob Cook - School of Medicine
- Bill Cooper - School of Pharmacy
- Tom Fahey - School of Nursing
- Susan Krinsky - School of Law
- Dawn Ivancik, Emergency Director - Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- John Rafalides - Faculty Practice
- Craig Savageau - University of Maryland Medical Center
- Margo Sipes - Downtown Baltimore Childcare Center
Emergency Management Team Activation
When an emergency occurs, the Incident Commander or Emergency Management Director will determine if the EMT needs to be activated and notify the appropriate members.
Emergency Operations Center
The Operations and Maintenance Tech Room, located in the Pearl Street Garage at 660 West Pearl St., has been designated as the Emergency Operations Center for the campus. In the event that the Pearl Street Garage is involved in the emergency or is otherwise unavailable, the Pine Street Police Station, located at 214 North Pine St., will function as the backup Emergency Operations Center.
Both the primary and backup Emergency Operations Centers will maintain copies of all campus emergency management procedures and manuals listed below. The EMD will assume responsibility for seeing that this information is updated on an annual basis.
- Emergency Management Plan List of Team members and designated substitutes with telephone and other contact numbers.
- List of key University personnel by school and unit with corresponding telephone, email, fax, and other communication information.
- Building evacuation plans.
- Emergency warden contact list.
- Comprehensive list of all University faculty, employees, and staff, with pertinent information, including individuals with special needs. Floor plans of all campus‐owned and/or occupied buildings.
- Building coordinator contact list.
- Current Campus Telephone Directory, plus white and yellow pages phone books.
- Directory of campus‐wide email addresses and fax numbers. List of home telephone numbers of key University personnel.
- Computer disks containing important departmental information that will be needed during an emergency (i.e., media phone numbers). The disks must be compatible with the computer software in use at the Emergency Operations Centers.
- Telephone and/or other contact numbers for area neighborhood association presidents and facility managers.
- List of campus radio frequencies.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.