- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Variety is the spice of life.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
In partnership with the Faculty Senate, the Diversity Advisory Council, the strategic plan's Executive Implementation Committee, the Office of the Senior Vice President and Chief Academic and Research Officer, and the deans, I am pleased to announce that the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) has purchased a two-year institutional membership with the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD).
The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. The NCFDD is a nationally recognized organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. They deliver a variety of web-based services including webinars, workshops, and discussion forums that cover topics focusing on increasing productivity, improving time management, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance, among other professional development options.
The NCFDD institutional membership offers numerous benefits at no charge to UMB faculty, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students, such as:
- weekly Monday Motivator
- 12 monthly Core Training Webinars
- 12 monthly Guest Expert Webinars and access to our Multi-Week Courses
- video of all workshops so members can learn at their convenience
- private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
- monthly accountability buddy match
- moderated monthly writing challenges
- access to member library, which includes past workshop materials, referrals, and readings
To take advantage of this opportunity, activate your confidential, personal membership account today.
How to Activate Your UMB Sponsored Membership:
- go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website
- select the "Become a Member" tab and choose "Individual Membership"
- on the "Individual Membership" page, select "Join Now"
- on the "Select Your Member Type" page, select "Institutional Sub-Account"
- on the "Select a Username" page, use your institution issued e-mail address in the Username box (note: personal email addresses will not work under the institutional membership agreement)
- complete the registration process
We hope you take advantage of the resources available through the NCFDD. We will be reaching out to you to solicit feedback over the coming months. Should you have any questions or comments regarding this institutional membership, please email Karen D. Matthews, MPA, director of planning and program development or call at extension 6-2422.