- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Techniques and Guidelines
Here are a few techniques and guidelines for using the WYSIWYG editor in T4. The complete guide is available in the T4 Training Documentation.
Pasting Formatted Content
When you copy content from an outside source, such as Word or another website, you often copy the content's formatting as well. This formatting is often invisible to you; though, it may interfere with the way your content displays on published T4 pages.
Want to avoid this? You have several options:
- Use the Paste plain text button () when pasting text from an outside source. This option will remove all hidden formatting. Just click the button, then paste your content.
- If you are copying content from Microsoft Word into T4, try using the Paste plain Word button (). This option will convert Word formatting into HTML code that is compatible with the T4 system. Just click the button, then paste your content.
- To remove all formatting from content you have already copied into the editor, click the Remove all formatting button ().
After you have added an image to your content, you have the option of floating it to the left or right.
Access the image's Media Attributes by double-clicking the image. To float the image to the left or right, type "left" or "right" into the Float field. Please do not type anything into the Border, Padding, Margin, or Display fields. If left blank, these attributes will be determined automatically by our templates.
There are three types of links available in T4: web links, section links, and content links.
To create a link to a web page outside of the umaryland domain, highlight the text you wish to convert to a link and click the Insert web link () button.
To link to another page in the umaryland site, use the Insert section link button (). This button creates a link to another section in T4. If the linked section is moved, the link will be automatically maintained. If you highlight text before clicking the button, the highlighted text will be used as the link text. If you have no text highlighted when you click the button, the section's name will be used as the link text. This link text will be automatically updated if the linked section's name is changed.
To link to an individual piece of content in another section, use the Insert content link button () instead.
To remove a link of any type, highlight the link and click the Unlink () button.