- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- UMB Police Department
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Elm Weekly Guidelines
- All entries must be submitted by 4 p.m. the Wednesday prior to the publication date.
- Each announcement, event, or news item may only be submitted three times.
- The event description is limited to 250 characters.
- Images are limited to 300px by 300px
The Office of Communications and Public Affairs reserves the right to exclude submissions if:
- Content does not meet digest qualifications and/or is not relevant to the time period in which the email is being sent
- There are too many submissions from one group
- Submitted content is not appropriate for any reason
Guidelines for Research Studies
All research studies, related content, and images submitted to the Office of Communications & Public Affairs (CPA) for publication must be approved by the IRB. By submitting to The Elm and Elm Weekly or to the Communications and Public Affairs Media Team you are confirming that your study, content, and image(s) have been approved by the IRB. CPA is not responsible for obtaining IRB approval or confirming that approval has been obtained. CPA will not edit IRB-approved content and images or provide images without IRB approval. Press releases and media advisories, which may contain narrative that we have adapted from your submission, will be sent back to you for review and approval by you/IRB prior to CPA sending out the release.
If you need assistance obtaining an image to use with your Elm or Elm Weekly submission, please find a suitable photo at iStockphoto.com and have it approved by the IRB. After the image is approved, send its link to firstname.lastname@example.org and CPA will download the image (and cover the cost) for use on The Elm and in Elm Weekly.
Please submit your Elm Weekly entries through our Elm Submissions Form.