- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Release of Information
When faxing a release of information to the SCC:
1. Include a copy of a picture ID to help us verify your identity.
2. Include a phone number where you can be reached.
3. Call the SCC at 410-328-8404 to make sure the fax was received.
4. Your SCC clinician(s) will contact you and ask to review with you the documentation request.
Click here to view or print the release of information.
Requests for Release of Records
- To self: If you want to review or obtain a copy of your records, you must schedule an appointment with your clinician. During that appointment, you will have the opportunity to ask questions while you read the chart. In addition, if you see something that you would like clarified, you may write it on a separate sheet of paper, which will then become a permanent part of your record. After you sign the SCC release of information, you would be provided with a copy of your records.
- To others: Some clients (or former clients) want their records released directly to a third party, such as another mental health provider or a law enforcement official. In those cases, you must first sign a release of information specifying exactly what information you want released and to whom (and contact information for that person). A signature on a third party's release of information form is not sufficient. If you want your records released to a law enforcement official or an attorney, you also must confirm your request verbally to an SCC clinician (by phone or in person). When records are released directly to a third party, you are not required to schedule an appointment with the clinician to review them yourself.
If you have any questions concerning the Student Counseling Center’s policies and practices concerning confidentiality, please do not hesitate to call the executive director, Emilia K. Petrillo, LCSW-C, at 410-328-8404.