What should I do if I feel ill?

June 26, 2020 (updated May 31, 2022)

Anyone who presents symptoms compatible with a COVID-19 or flu-like illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other respiratory viruses) should not be on UMB’s campus and should seek guidance from a health care provider. This includes all general, administrative, research, lab, and classroom settings. Contact your health care provider or UMaryland Immediate Care at 667-214-1899.

UMB faculty, staff, and on-campus students who have COVID-19 symptoms should use the COVID-19 Report Form or COVID-19 Isolation/Quarantine Protocols.

Students not living or working on campus who are experiencing symptoms of, believe they have been exposed to, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 should contact their primary care physician or the UMB Student Health Center at 667-214-1899 for medical advice. Students should also contact their school’s student affairs dean to receive support.

If you were diagnosed with a respiratory virus other than COVID-19, you do not need to report the diagnosis.

If your doctor thinks you may have COVID-19 but you have not been tested yet, or are awaiting results, continue to be away from work as advised in this guidance.