- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Twitter Feed#2017UMB Tweets
Universitywide Commencement Ceremonies
UMB will hold its Universitywide commencement exercise on Friday, May 18, 2018, at 2 p.m. at Royal Farms Arena (201 W. Baltimore St.).
Doors to the arena will open at 1 p.m. for guests. Graduates are encouraged to participate in the University procession beginning at 1:15 p.m. from Plaza Park to the Royal Farms Arena, along with President Perman, deans, and faculty from all schools. Tickets are not required. The exercise will last no longer than two hours. Diplomas will be distributed at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Assembly Instructions for Graduates at Royal Farms Arena
- Candidates should be in the Arena assembly area by 1:30 p.m.
- Candidates should enter the main entrance of Royal Farms Arena on Baltimore Street and follow the signs directing you to your degree assembly area. Only candidates are permitted to enter this area.
- Once the ceremony has ended, proceed with your fellow graduates to the appropriate diploma station as directed by your school marshal.
Genetic Counseling (MGC)
Law (JD) (LLM)
Medical Technology (BS)
Public Health (MPH)
Physical Therapy (DPT) (DScPT)
Dental Hygiene (BS)
Graduate (PhD) (MS)
Nursing (DNP) (BSN)
Social Work (MSW)
Additional Information for Graduates and Guests
- Facilities are available to change into academic regalia at the arena. Male candidates for the master's degree should wear a long-sleeved white shirt since there are only partial sleeves in the master's gown.
- Do not leave personal items under your chair during the exercise, because you might not return to the same seat after crossing the stage.
- Backpacks and large parcels are not permitted in the arena. Purses, briefcases, etc., are subject to inspection by arena staff.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited while participating in commencement exercises at Royal Farms Arena.
- Lost-and-found information desks are located in the main lobby of the arena. A first-aid station is located on the lower concourse.
If you or one of your guests requires a wheelchair, you must provide your own and take full responsibility for it while at the event. The University of Maryland, Baltimore and Royal Farms Arena do not accept responsibility for the security of any personal items, including wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
To inquire about assistance for persons with disabilities, please contact the Royal Farms Arena Box Office at 410-347-2020.
Candidates are encouraged to have photographs taken at individual school ceremonies. Only authorized official photographers will be permitted on the arena floor during the ceremony. Photographs may be taken after diploma distribution.