- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Twitter Feed#2017UMB Tweets
Party in the Park and Procession
Join President Perman, deans, faculty, and your fellow graduates for a Party in the Park and the annual academic procession from University Plaza to the Royal Farms Arena!
Come for the Party, Stay for the Procession
Party in the Park
Join Dr. Perman, your fellow graduates, and their families for Party in the Park!
UMB Plaza Park
Friday, May 18, 2017
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Back by popular demand! UMB is celebrating Commencement with a party before the Universitywide Academic Procession to Royal Farms Arena. Enjoy complimentary food, music, and fun activities. The Oriole Bird and the Ravens' Poe also will make an appearance. Seating will be available for graduates and their guests. Come hang out with your fellow graduates before the Universitywide Commencement. In addition, the National Museum of Dentistry will be open from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. offering free admission and refreshments. Party in the Park is for graduates and their guests only.
Tickets are not required; however, we ask that you RSVP.Share your Commencement moments with hashtag #2018UMB.
1 p.m. - Graduates and faculty will gather at the east end of University Plaza.
- Students and faculty are asked to congregate with their school. See the map below.
- Come dressed in your regalia and sensible "walking shoes." Please leave all bags or purses with a family member to ensure easy entry to the arena.
- The procession will take place RAIN or SHINE. Join us! After all, everyone has to walk to the arena anyway!
1:15 p.m. - The procession will begin promptly at 1:15 p.m. for the short walk to the arena. This will ensure that everyone arrives at the arena no later than 1:30 p.m. in order to line up by school to march into the ceremony.
- Participants will walk along the south side of Baltimore Street.
- Campus police will escort the procession to the arena, with added security at each of the three intersections.
- Feel free to join the procession along the route if you cannot join us at University Plaza.
Commencement begins promptly at 2 p.m. at Royal Farms Arena. You will leave by 4 p.m. with your diploma in hand!
Plaza Park Map