- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Personal Use Purchasing
Paid faculty and staff of the University of Maryland Baltimore:
Software can be purchased and installed only on machines that are owned by the individual. Software must be purchased online and paid for with a credit card. Software may be kept by the individual even after they leave the University. Microsoft media is encrypted for TWO INSTALLATIONS only on ONE machine, and has a special key code that cannot be replaced if lost or oversubscribed
Currently registered students of the University of Maryland:
Software can be purchased and installed only on machines that are owned by the student, and may be used for any purpose. Software must be purchased online and paid for with a credit card. Microsoft software must be uninstalled by the student after they leave the University unless the student has graduated from the university. Microsoft Student Select titles are encrypted for TWO INSTALLATIONS only on ONE machine, and have a special key code that cannot be replaced if lost or oversubscribed.
How to purchase?
- Paid faculty/staff (paid by the State of Maryland) and students (registered) can purchase software by ordering online.
- During the ordering process, you can decide whether to pick up the order at the Software Licensing Office, in Suite 540 of the HS/HSL, or to have it shipped to you via US Mail for an additional $10 fee.
Returns / exchanges are not accepted. ALL SOFTWARE SALES ARE FINAL. We cannot ensure the software has not been install or copied, and therefore cannot accept returns.
All users must purchase software themselves - please do not have another person purchase for you.
For software related questions please contact the Software Licensing Office at (410) 706-8166 or Email.
For all other questions, contact Stephen Giermek at (410) 706-8166.