- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
eUMB Raven is Down for Daily Batch Processing
eUMB Financials is Down for Daily Batch Processing
eUMB HRMS is Down for Daily Batch Processing
Adding and removing accounts
You can add multiple Google Accounts and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync accounts. You may also be able to add other kinds of accounts, depending on your applications. Some you can add in the Accounts & Sync settings, as described in this section. Others you add using an application that works with those kinds of accounts; for example, you can add IMAP and POP3 email accounts with the Email application.
Add an account
1. On your phone, press <Home>, then open the e-mail application.
2. On your accounts page, press the Menu and select add Accounts to get started with setup.
3. Enter your GoogleApps@UMaryland e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and myUM password, then select Next.
The Accounts & Sync Settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
4. Touch the kind of account to add.
5. Select IMAP account and then select Next.
6. On the incoming server settings page, some fields may be pre-populated. Make sure to change the following:
- For username, enter your full GoogleApps@UMaryland e-mail address: email@example.com (Note: This must be the fully-qualified address, so be sure to include the @umaryland.edu in it.)
- For the password, enter your myUM password
- For IMAP server, enter imap.gmail.com
- For Port enter 993
- For Security type select SSL
7. Select Next
8. On the Outgoing server settings page, some fields may be pre-populated. Make sure to change the following fields:
- For SMTP server enter smtp.gmail.com
- For Port, enter 465 or 587
- For Security type, select TLS
- Select Next and continue through the setup options
9. Enable your GoogleApps@UMaryland G-mail account settings
- Sign into your GoogleApps@UMaryland Gmail account
- Click Setting in the upper-right corner of the g-mail page
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Select Enable IMAP
- Click Save Changes
Remove an account
You can remove an account to delete it and all information associated with it from your phone, including email, contacts, settings, and so on.
You can’t remove the first Google Account you signed into on the phone, except by deleting all personal information from your phone.
- Open the Accounts & Sync Settings screen.
- You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and touching Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
- The Accounts & Sync Settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Touch the account to delete.
- Touch Remove account.
- Confirm that you want to remove the account.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.