- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The UMB Mobile App: More Than You Know!
May 18, 2016 | By Chris Phillips
“The Mobile UMB app puts UMB in the palm of your hand,” reads the official description. Well, it may not magically allow you to grab up the whole 71-acre campus, but unless you are already a regular user, it probably does provide more functionality than you might expect. Designed to be useful for members of the UMB community and visitors alike, the mobile UMB allows you to participate in the UMB experience in many ways when you are on the go, from any web-enabled smartphone.
What kinds of things can you do with Mobile UMB? Check out this list:
- Alerts – Receive public safety alerts
- Calendar - Check out upcoming events on the UMB Common Calendar
- Dining – Locate dining options on or near campus
- Directory – Look up faculty, staff, students
- The Elm – Connect with online content relevant to the whole UMB Community
- Library – Access Library resources on the go
- Maps – Search for campus buildings and get directions
- News – Read UMB-related news stories from various media sources
- Parking/Transportation – View car and bike parking options, etc.
- Photos – View photos posted by UMB on Flickr
- Room Scheduler – View scheduling options for rooms in the Campus Center
- Spotlight – Recent significant happenings on campus
- Social – Read recent posts on the UMB Facebook page and Twitter Feed
- UM Shuttle – Track the UM Shuttle’s map location in real time
- Video – Watch videos on the UMB YouTube channel
- And more!
PLUS, brand new for the 2015 Fall semester, “My Classes” and “My Grades”: Students can now see their class schedules on the run and check final term grades as soon as they are posted! (Not a replacement for SURFS, more of a supplement to it.)
Support is provided by the IT Help Desk, which can be contacted by phone or email any day of the week.