- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Assessment is any effort to gather, analyze, and interpret evidence which describes institutional, departmental, divisional, or agency effectiveness (Upcraft & Schuh, 1996).
While many of the processes in assessment and research may be similar, there are two very important distinctions:
- Assessment guides good practice and typically has implications for only one institution.
- Research guides theory and tests concepts, and has broader implications for higher education (Erwin, 1991).