- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Ruixin Zhang, Ph.D.
Ruixin Zhang, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Center for Integrative Medicine
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Acupuncture mechanism on pain in animal models including inflammatory pain, bone cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, and chemotherapy-induced neuropathy models
Social interaction/support on pain-associated affective response
Electrophysiology in freely-moving rats
A battery of behavioral tests including thermal, mechanical, open field, body weight-bearing tests and conditioned place avoidance
Lab or individual page
- Zhang RX, Lao L, Ren K, Berman BM (2014) Mechanisms of acupuncture-electroacupuncture on persistent pain. Anesthesiology, 120:482-503.
- Zhang RX, Zhang M, Li A, Pan L, Berman BM, Ren K, Lao L (2013) DAMGO in central amygdala alleviates affective dimension of pain in a rat model of inflammatory hyperalgesia. Neuroscience, 252:359-66.
- Zhang RX, Ren, K,Dubner R (2013) Osteoarthritis pain mechanisms: Basic studies in animal models. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 21, 1308–1315.
- Meng X, Zhang Y, Lao L, Saito R, Li A, Bäckman CM, Berman BM, Ren K, Wei PK, Zhang RX (2013) Spinal interleukin-17 promotes thermal hyperalgesia and NMDA NR1 phosphorylation in an inflammatory pain rat model. Pain, 154 (2): 294-305.
- Zhang Y, Zhang RX, Zhang M, Shen XY, Li A, Xin J, Ren K, Berman BM, Tan M, Lao L (2012) Electroacupuncture inhibition of hyperalgesia in an inflammatory pain rat model: Involvement of distinct spinal serotonin and noradrenaline receptor subtypes. British Journal of Anaesthesia 109(2):245-252.