- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
If you observe a suspicious person with a firearm, whether actively shooting or not, contact the University Police. The police can be reached at 711 or 410-706-3333.
If someone is actively shooting, quickly assess the situation and consider one of the following options:
- Escape. Can you get out of the building and away from the shooter? If taking this option, remember that there might be more than one shooter. Once you get to an exterior door, assess the scene outside before getting through the door.
- Once you do exit, keep running until you are well away from the building and try to get behind some type of cover (something that will offer protection from bullets).
- Hide. Are you somewhere where you can possibly hide from the shooter and wait until law enforcement personnel rescue you? This may involve locking yourself in a classroom, closet, or office. Try to find a room that does not have glass in the door. If the door does have glass, stay out of sight from anyone looking inside.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONFRONT THE SHOOTER.
- When you encounter law enforcement personnel, follow their instructions exactly. You must remember that in these situations, the responding police officers do not know who the shooter(s) are, and they do not know who you are. They have to take certain precautions for everyone’s safety. If the shooter is active, be prepared for the police officers to leave you where you are. The officers' first concern is to make contact with the shooter(s) and prevent them from causing anymore harm.
- Provide officers with any information you have about the situation, such as a description of the shooter, the last place you saw the shooter, direction of travel, location of injured/ hiding people, or anything else pertinent.