- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Cost of Attendance and Financial Requirements
Proof of Financial Support must be given to the OIS before any I-20 or DS-2019 can be processed.
- F-1 students are required to show Proof of Financial Support of tuition + fees + local living expenses for one 12-month period.
- J-1 students are required to show Proof of Financial Support of tuition + fees + local living expenses for each year of the program.
- This can be in UMB salary, home country government/institutional funding, or personal/family funds.
- I-20 / DS-2019 Issuance for Dependents: A dependent is defined as a spouse and/or children under the age of 21. The OIS must see an additional $7,200 for a spouse and $6,600 for each child before visa documents will be issued.
- Home country/institutional funding requires an official letter stating the exact amount of support from the agency or institution providing the funding source.
- Personal funds require a current, translated bank statement (within the past six months).
If another person will be providing financial support (i.e., a family member), the OIS will need to see a translated bank statement (within the past six months) from that person, along with a letter specifying the amount of support they will provide you during your studies.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.