- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
- Policy on the Employment of Adjunct Faculty in the University System of Maryland [II - 1.07]
- UMB Policy on the Employment of Adjunct Faculty at University of Maryland Baltimore [II - 1.07(A)]
In addition to the policy links above, policies pertaining to all University faculty are located on this Faculty Handbook page. Please check these individual policies for their applicability to Adjunct Faculty. Also, consult your school’s faculty policies for school-specific information relevant to Adjunct Faculty.
Grievance procedures: The UMB Faculty Grievance Policy and Procedure applies to Adjunct Faculty at UMB.
Shared governance: Adjunct Faculty who are interested in participating in the establishment of an Adjunct Faculty Advisory Committee are invited to contact the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (X6-1850) by Oct. 1, 2011, for an opportunity to be involved in the University’s shared governance structure.
Promotion from Adjunct Faculty I to Adjunct Faculty II: All Adjunct Faculty should consult their school’s academic administration regarding eligibility for Adjunct Faculty II status.
- Policy on Compensation for Faculty [II-1.21]
- UMB Policy on Compensation for 10 Month Faculty [II-1.21 (A)]
- UMB Policy on Faculty Supplemental Pay for Summer Work [II.1.21(B)]
- UMB Policy on Supplemental Payments and Salary Adjustments for Faculty [II. 1.21 (C)]
- Policy on Board of Regent Review of Contracts for Highly-Compensated Personnel [VII - 10.0]
- UMB Procedures to Implement USM Policy on Board of Regents Review of Contracts for Highly-Compensated Personnel [VII - 10.0(A)]
- USM Policy on Conflicts of Interest in Research or Development [III-1.11]
- Maryland Public Ethics Law
- UMB Position on Management of Researchers' Conflicts of Interest (March 2007)
- UMB Procedures Implementing Board of Regents Policy on Conflicts of Interest in Research or Development
- ORD Policies and Procedures - Conflict of Interest
- NIH Policy
- NIH Conflict of Interest PoliciesNIH Regulations on Objectivity in Research
- NSF Conflict of Interest Policies
- USM Policy on Conflict of Interest in Research or Development
- NIH Conflict of Interest Policies
- USM Policy on Employment of Members of the Same Family (Nepotism) for Classified and Administrative Personnel [VII - 2.10]
Note: UMB procedures are pending. Please contact the assistant vice president for Human Resource Services to obtain more information or to request approval to maintain a supervisor/subordinate relationship between family members.
- USM Policy on Part-time Faculty Members Engaged Exclusively or Primarily in Library Services [II-1.11]
- USM Policy on Professional and/or Research Leave for Faculty Members Engaged Exclusively or Primarily in Library Services [II-2.01]
- University System Policy on Appointment, Rank, and Tenure of Faculty[II-1.00]
- USM Policy on Criteria and Procedures Relating to Appointment, Promotion, and Permanent Status for Library Faculty [II-1.00(F)]
- USM Policy on Faculty Workload and Responsibilities [II-1.25]
- UMB Policy on Faculty Workload and Responsibilities [II-1.25(A)]
- USM Policy on Professional Commitment of Faculty [II-3.10]
- UMB Policy on Professional Consulting and Other External Responsibilities [II-3.10(A)]
- UMB Policy on Faculty, Student and Institutional Rights and Responsibilities for Academic Integrity [III-1.00(A)]
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.